Climates of the World
The Breathing Planet
- Author: John R. Gribbin, ed.
- Publisher: New Scientist (John Wiley & Sons). 1986.
- ISBN: 9780631142898
- Annotation: A collection of essays and articles about the world's changing atmosphere and climate. This book was also named a Best Book for Senior High Readers.
The Climate Revealed
- Author: William James Burroughs
- Publisher:Cambridge University Press. 1999.
- ISBN: 9780521770811
- Annotation: With 250 beautiful, full-color photographs and well-written text, this book provides a detailed portrait of individual climate zones from the polar icecaps to the arid deserts. In the book's conclusion, Burroughs reviews the past, considers the future and presents all sides of the current environmental debate.
Climate: The Force that Shapes Our World and the Future Life on Earth
- Author: Jennifer Hoffman, George Ochoa
- Publisher: Rodale. 2005.
- ISBN: 9781594862885
- Annotation: A comprehensive work about the earth's climate which explains climate forces, gives examples of how the weather affects the earth, and offers predictions on what the world's climate will be like in the future. 630 full-color illustrations help explain the climatic forces and their effects on earth.
Climatic Laws: Ninety Generalizations with Numerous Corollaries as to the Graphic Distribution of Temperature, Wind, Moisture, Etc.
- Author: Stephen Sargent Visher
- Publisher: J. Wiley and Sons (A.M.S. Press, Inc.). 1924 (1978 reprint).
- ISBN: 9780404162191
- Annotation: An interesting look at how the climate was viewed almost a century ago.
The Earth's Problem Climates
- Author: Glenn Thomas Trewartha
- Publisher: University of Wisconsin Press. 1981.
- ISBN: 9780299082307
- Annotation: Glenn Trewartha gives the student, scientist, or casual weather enthusiast a primer to help understand complex weather phenomena on this planet. His explanations are easy to read and understand.
The Encyclopedia of World Climatology
- Author: John E. Oliver, ed.
- Publisher: Springer. 2006.
- ISBN: 9781402048708
- Annotation: A good reference book that covers climate in different regions of the world, and how people respond to and are affected by climate. Recent events, from global warming to advances in satellite and radar climatology, are also included.
Global Patterns: Climate, Vegetation, and Soil
- Author: Wallace E. Akin
- Publisher: University of Oklahoma Press. 1991.
- ISBN: 9780806123097
- Annotation: A geography professor at Drake University, Akin explains how earth's systems function and how current concerns such as climatic change, the destruction of rainforests, air and water pollution, and soil degradation affect the earth.
An Introduction to Space Weather
- Author: Mark B. Moldwin
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press. 2008.
- ISBN: 9780521711128
- Annotation: This textbook, written for non-science majors, introduces the relationship between the sun and earth, and shows how it impacts our technological society. Definitions of important terms are given throughout the text.
Sentinels of the Sun: Forecasting Space Weather
- Author: Barbara B. Poppe, Kristen P. Jorden
- Publisher: Johnson Books. 2007.
- ISBN: 9781555663797
- Annotation: Space weather and the Space Environment Center, a federal agency devoted to the study of the sun, are explained, along with all of the ways that the sun affects our daily lives.